This week's concept Colour seemed straight forward. I had some rolls of bright coloured fabric in the studio from a previous shoot, so I was fairly relaxed knowing I was going to breath life into these. Throughout the week Bella and I chatted briefly about using purple as the anchoring colour and despite not having any makeup in that tone, I figured a quick trip to Priceline would fix that issue. Sunday rolled in and early afternoon I made my trip to Priceline. I wasn't too concerned about matching exact shades, I knew I could shift these in post. As the mind starting ticking away I popped into my favourite fabric store and decided to grab some matching ribbon.
Bella struggled with the makeup on this one and I ended up applying some of it. This took away valuable time needed to test and get lighting right. This was the start of a series of challenges. From here I tinkered and played and struggled to get the lighting that I wanted. As the minutes ticked on and my model needed to return to HSC study I had to shift and adapt to get the bold colour I was looking for. Even wardrobe took it's toll on this one, the satin fabric proved a nightmare to work with and keep in place.
We finally started to get some interesting stuff towards the end, but our time was up and we had to call it a wrap. I finished the shoot a little frustrated and wanting more, but there were some good lessons learned on this one. A key reminder for me was that good lighting, amongst other things, takes time.
Let's see what's cooking next week.